The big disadvantage to this proposal is that it won't work until browsers
implement the functionality, which would discourage anyone from using it
since the fallback is that no overlay/infobar is presented. Rowan's
implementation will allow the overlay/infobar to be displayed, but would
keep the target page contained in an iframe. I would imagine that almost
everybody that wants an overlay/infobar would opt to use a method that
forces the overlay/infobar to be displayed, even if that means continuing
with their current implementations.