On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:36:16 -0700, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
Making attribute values case-insensitive in XHTML seems incompatible
with longstanding Gecko behavior (though our handling of input's
type attribute is buggy, at least) and with the clear intent of
XHTML1, and doesn't seem implementable on top of a conformant CSS
selectors implementation.

Do we really want to do this?

I think we do want case-insensitive attribute values to be case-insensitive in both HTML and XHTML.

I think ideally we remove the special casing of certain attributes with Selectors and introduce an ASCII case-insensitive flag for attribute value selectors to deal with this issue.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/