On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:13:00 +0200, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfa...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
Well this isnt really a list where we should talk about the dos and
donts of web content distribution. DRM content can be embedded in the
video tag and decoded using installable plugins so its not really an
issue for this list I dont think. We cant dictate how the specs are used
so try to keep the conversation technology neutral.

Whether playing video requires a plugin is very much an issue for this list, I think. What Henri explained -- not having lock-in to a particular platform because of proprietary plugins -- is a large part of the reason why we have <video> in the first place.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/