Actually, the browser behavior is all more complicated than this....
the preload attribute is influencing it strongly....  eg, FF4 doesn't
show the poster if 'preload' is not set to 'none'.... And I was wrong
now that I recheck chrome... it too replaces poster with first frame,
but the poster shows up constantly in flickers (eg, during seeking).

> You should see the poster - press play and it goes away and the video
> plays. This seems to work fine in FF 3.6 and 4.0 beta for me. If it
> doesn't work for you, please report a bug.

You have preload set to none in these; if you set to metadata or auto,
no poster :-(

Monty