On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:04:03 +0100, Jorge <jo...@jorgechamorro.com> wrote:

Structured clone currently doesn't support Functions.

Good. And if I understand it correctly (*), it does make a shallow copy, ignoring the prototype chain, doesn't it ?

That's correct.

(*)http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/common-dom-interfaces.html#internal-structured-cloning-algorithm

Simon, what are your feelings about this proposed mechanism to pass-by-reference and make-unreachable ?
Do you think it's feasible, too ?

I asked our developer who implemented web workers: