I hope I'm not stepping on a tabooed topic here... It's just that I wish
that someone would do to CSS what you guys did to HTML.

I respect the work being done by the W3C CSS Working Group but it just
doesn't fell enough. It doesn't feel open enough, nor fast enough.

I really want to see a version of CSS where the language provides a
straightforward solution to layout rather than a challenge. But I don't see
it happening with just the efforts and the current structure that supports
CSS development.

Is there anything that can be done about this?