On Fri, 06 May 2011 14:54:55 +0200, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartma...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/6/11, Charles McCathieNevile <cha...@opera.com> wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2011 21:41:24 +0200, Bjartur Thorlacius
Of course, if the site requests coordinates, it's up to the user
whether they come from /dev/gps or /dev/tty (or /n/3D Globe).

Yeah, in principle. But given that most users aren't going to symlink
/dev/gps via their hand-crafted code to decide what to say (largely
because browsers just ask Google where you are instead based on visible
Wifi) in practice the question is how to build reasonable UI that the
users actually understand.
The point was that they user could choose between the location
provided by their GPS and "Click on a spot on the globe representing
the Earth" (ignoring whether the selection is the user's location or
not). This would force users to make an informed choice (as there's no
button labeled "OK").

Aha.

Nice. I've been putting together something like that on and off for a couple of days actually, so I don't know why I didn't get it the first time :S

cheers