On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:33:47 +0200, David Karger <kar...@mit.edu> wrote:
Yes, we could, but it doesn't address the two objections I raised to data- prefix: 1. it isn't actually a data attribute, so prefixing with data seems odd (appearance; minor)

It is custom data implemented by a JavaScript library. Seems like a perfect fit.

2. there's no way to guarantee someone else won't use the same data-exhibit prefix, causing incompatibilities (functionality; major)

"exhibit" plus the ability for authors to configure that word should be enough to prevent problems. But I doubt you will get prefix clashes in practice.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/