On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:25:38 +0100, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
I have removed background:black as the way the rendering is defined at the moment is that it cannot be overridden unless !important is used. That's
not ideal for backgrounds.

Can you elaborate on this?

Currently we define a specific place in the cascading order for the style rules that currently does not exist. Just before author important basically.

I suppose we could put background:black accompanied by color:white in the normal cascading order for user agent style sheets so people could override it easily (and would not make us remove existing backgrounds).

Having the rest of the page visible under the fullscreen element is not
expected and I think we should default to avoiding it.

That seems fair.

background:black
seemed like the right thing for video and a reasonable default for other
kinds of element. Maybe the background:black rule could be at the UA
not-important level?

UA does not have an important level. But yes, we could do that. But we should include a rule for the color property too.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/