On 2/06/2012 11:19 a.m., Vincent Scheib wrote:
IMHO Pointer Lock would be more convenient to use if events are sent
to the target element as well, and not just the document.

Is there a reason the Fullscreen specification doesn't dispatch events
to the most relevant element?

Because we exit fullscreen when the fullscreen element is removed from the document, so if you dispatch events to the context element, the "fullscreenchange" event never bubbles up to the containing document in the exit-on-remove case.

Because of this, the spec was then changed to dispatch fullscreenchange to the context element on entering fullscreen, and to the document on exit, but we found this inconsistent, since a listener has to listen to multiple nodes to receive both exit and enter events, so the spec was changed again to always dispatch "fullscreenchange" to the document.

Regards,
Chris P.