On 12/18/12 3:25 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
Looking at the spec and at browsers more carefully, it seems that this is
actually per spec (i.e. the spec says to follow the link).

Does it say to do that if the ownerDocument of the <a> has no associated browsing context? What if it's not the currently active document?

IE and Firefox
apparently don't, WebKit and Opera apparently do. I've left the spec as is
since it seems harmless and half the browsers do it.

We can probably allow navigation for cases in which the ownerDocument is the currently active document of a browsing context, in Gecko. I don't think we'll be allowing it in the other cases...

-Boris