On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:48:54 +0400, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalm...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM, David Dailey <ddai...@zoominternet.net> wrote:
You know, I'm not quite sure why we have text in canvas at all. It's not
really text you know -- it's just a bunch of pixels. You can't select it, you can't copy it to the clipboard, it's not accessible without a bunch of
effort that authors generally don't use. It's generally illegal in most
civilized places. Why not use SVG? It's got text decoration. Text is text. It's just that the more conspiratorial and selfish of the browser vendors
back when things were being voted on seemed to push canvas since they
already owned it and SVG seemed "hard" and like they might have to learn
something by way of graphics in their corporate portfolios.

That's how I see it, anyhow. WHATWG doesn't vote, of course.

"text ... is generally illegal in most civilized places"

What is this i don't even

Using canvas for serious rendering of text is generally...

Cheers

Chaals

      cha...@yandex-team.ru         Find more at http://yandex.com