Boris
>That said, I can't reproduce the behavior you claim.
>http://jsfiddle.net/59Sxf/ alerts "evil" for me in Chrome.
If the alert scripts are referenced as external js files it will alert
good.js in Chrome. But I assume it's then a bug in Chrome that Data URLs
are treated differently.

Olli
> No. It would disable several performance optimizations related to page
> loads.
Boris
>I think it would be terrible if registering a MutationObserver is forced to
>disable the preload scan (especially because you never know whether the
>MutationObserver will get registered at all until you start running scripts,
>at which point your preload scan is already >going along), so I disagree with
>this being a great solution.

Okay understood, bad idea ;) However, I think the problem remains. I'm
fiddling with filtering and "full control" of what is displayed on a
user PC since many years (starting with local proxies and then UserJS),
still this doesn't seem to be very consistent cross different UAs:

- Chrome dropped the event beforeload
- Firefox has beforescriptexecute (but only for scripts, of course)

Standard supported by all:

- unload
- counterpart: beforeunload
- load
- counterpart: ???

This doesn't sound too bad "Safari 5.0 and later (and other WebKit-based
browsers) generates a "beforeload" event before loading each subresource
belonging to a webpage. The "beforeload" event is generated before
webpage, for example." from
https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/documentation/Tools/Conceptual/SafariExtensionGuide/MessagesandProxies/MessagesandProxies.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009977-CH14-SW9

Anyone knows why this never made it into the spec? Or are there
alternatives?

Sebastian