Hello All:Same solution than before. I knew there a library in the spec
of Adobe and its scripting languages ( a derivative of ECMA/DOM) that
implemented IME as well. Like a charm.

For virtual kybrds , specially.

As before, It would be nice that someone at Adobe Inc. could introduce
us to this possible solution .

Cheers

---

Delfi Ramirez

My digital signature [1]

+34 633 589231
 del...@segonquart.net [2]

twitter: delfinramirez

 IRC: segonquart Skype: segonquart [3]

http://segonquart.net [4]

http://delfiramirez.info
 [5]

On 2015-06-18 13:17, Florian Rivoal wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2015, at 13:07, Jonny Rein Eriksen <jon...@opera.com> wrote: On
> 18.06.2015 12:01, Florian Rivoal wrote: Would it make sense to add an 'auto'
> value to the lang attribute, explicitly instructing the UA to try and guess
> what language is being entered? Remembering what was used last time being a
> legitimate way to guess, but looking at what keyboard you're using, or at the
> content of what you're typing being others. UAs that don't know how to guess
> would be no worse off than today, but for those that do, you'd get the
> benefits that Jonny was talking about, plus any language dependent css being
> applied correctly... The mechanics of it aren't hard to polifyll, so maybe
> leaving it up to author provided js is good enough, but a js implementation
> would have access to less information to base its guess on. For instance, if
> you're using a typical mobile on-screen keyboard, it wouldn't know which
> language the keyboard is in, which provides a big clue as to what you're
> typing.
 This is
another part of the problem. There is currently no way to set which keyboard
you would like to use on iOS/Android if I understand correctly. We could maybe
get a standardized API which could solve this. Having support in desktop
browsers first for handling spell check better would probably help in achieving
this though.

If a text input field has lang=foo, and your system has a (virtual)
keyboard for language foo, I would expect that keyboard to be the one
presented to you. Same thing with IMEs (e.g. you have a US keyboard and
a Japanese IME installed on your desktop computer, when focusing a text
input field with lang=ja, I would expect the IME to be turned on).

Not sure if any spec change is needed for that.

 - Florian

Links:
------
[1] http://delfiramirez.info/public/dr_public_key.asc