On 10/31/17 6:23 AM, Regis Kuckaertz wrote:
formElement.onsubmit = (evt) => {
   evt.preventDefault();
   const button = evt.target.elements.namedItem('action');
   const value = button.value

If this returned buttons, which button would you expect it to return in various situations and why?

Here is my question: if the UA handles this situation without a glitch,
wouldn't you expect the corresponding DOM API to expose the same behaviour?

I just checked one UA (Firefox), and the way it handles this situation is that it stores the "submitter" (in the sense of the argument to <https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#form-submission-algorithm>) on the "submit" event itself. Exposing it as a property on that event would make a lot of sense to me.

-Boris