My test cluster has only one zookeeper instance. When running 'hbase
shell' on one of the instances (i.e. not via the proxy),
I get this error:
ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: An error
is preventing HBase from connecting to ZooKeeper

I think this could be fixed in the configure_zookeeper script (as well
as the cdh variant):
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/whirr/trunk/services/zookeeper/src/main/resources/functions/configure_zookeeper.sh?view=markup

Line 64-79 takes care of adding the servers to /etc/zookeeper/zoo.cfg.
However if there is only one zookeeper instance, nothing gets added.

In other words, the "if [[ $# -gt 1 ]]" should be removed. Does that seem right?
(I can do the whole Jira/Test/Patch thing, but wanted to be sure it's a bug)

--
Karel Vervaeke
http://outerthought.org/