Salut Jean-Christophe,

thanks for the explanation. In fact I do not know sphinx and didn't have
it installed on my system, that is why "make doc" didn't produce
anything. I had to search a bit to find the packages that I needed as
there are several projects that have sphinx in their name, including an
SQL search engine and a speech-recognizer.

In case someone else is running into the same problem, the debian
packages are:

python3-sphinx
python3-sphinxcontrib.bibtex

Cheers -Ralf.