Hello Sandrine,

> I am using why3 version 1.3.3 and would like to add the Z3 and E provers
> to the list of installed provers, so that they are triggered by proof
> strategies 0, 1 and more. I tried several versions (among those listed
> in provers-detection-data.conf), including Z3 version 4.8.4 (that is
> mentioned in the documentation for proof strategies). However, none of
> them is triggered by strategies 0 and 1. Which version of Z3 and E
> should I use?

Your Why3 configuration file should contain the code of the strategies.
It looks like

[strategy]
code = "c Alt-Ergo 1 1000
c CVC4,1.7 1 1000
c Z3,4.8.4 1 1000
"
desc = "Automatic@ run@ of@ main@ provers"
name = "Auto_level_0"
shortcut = "0"

The versions of the provers are included in this code (except for
"Alt-Ergo" here, which is defined as an alias for a specific version of
Alt-Ergo somewhere else in the configuration file).

Best regards,
--
Jean-Christophe