I was going to propose to use checkstyle instead. Problem with
checkstyle is that it is not a unit test and doesn't run inside
Eclipse, NetBeans or IDEA :-).

I would also (as a preliminary action) add javascript to the list
(.js). We can always remove them, but at the moment, they need to be
in there. I don't expect ASF to relax their stance on those files.

+1 on removing the svn keywords.

Martijn