our replace methods should migrate the id imho. please add an rfe.

-igor

On 11/26/06, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I notice  after upgrading  from wicket  1.2 to  current wicket-1.x
that  replaceWith() combined  with an  AjaxRequestTarget does  not
work anymore.  I recall that you  added smart markup ids with auto
increments.

So  what I  propose is  to add  to the  migrate-1.3 wiki  page the
following, unless it is not meant to be incompatible:

Component.replaceWith() and AjaxRequestTarget:

Due to a change to optimize the generation of the markup ids,
the following change is required:

Panel current, updated;
current.replaceWith(updated);
target.addComponent(updated);

Becomes:

Panel current, updated;
current.replaceWith(updated);
target.addComponent(updated, current.getMarkupId());

WDYT?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty