but when to execute that thing?
And what would be the big change? Instead of now RequestCycle.detach()
calling detach() on the RequestTargets
(that are the pages that are used in the current request) What would be
called now and when?

We first need to move the Session.touch(page) command to a much later time
(after the detach) Because Session.touch() pushes the page to the pagemap
and then the httpsession/sessionstore
And then the page already needs to be detached.

johan

On 1/18/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* Martijn Dashorst:

> I'd  rather see  an extra  step in  our request  processing that
> detaches  all  pages  and   their  child  components  that  have
> participated in  the request  processing, instead of  relying on
> the request targets to do so.

+1
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot