Igor Vaynberg wrote:
can we get a zone if we are just incubating?

At this point, I personally would stick with either Sourceforge or Servoy.

The main issue being that zones aren't intended for use for public websites, more for demos, tests, builds, etc, and you cannot map a domain to a zone (AFAIK), you just get <project>.zones.apache.org.

Where we host examples (a very useful and important thing to host), I don't think we're quite ready to resolve that issue yet. Therefore, I would say go with Sourceforge or Servoy, whichever makes most straightforward sense.

Similarly, eventually, the wicketframework.org domain name should be a redirect to wicket.apache.org, and ownership of that domain be transferred to Apache. However, I don't quite think we're ready for that either. We really need to get a release or two under our belt before we can approach those issue.

Regards, Upayavira

On 1/19/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/18/07, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...Problem is that to be able to do
> that, you need to earn karma, and IMO you won't get karma until you
> help administer stuff.

Are you aware of the Solaris zones?

See http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html - I don't know much
about what you want to run, but with a zone, the project gets its own
virtual Solaris machine, which project members can administrate fairly
freely.

The Cocoon project, for example, runs live demos and a documentation
system there, see http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/ . The performance is
usually very good, although it depends on how other zones behave, of
course.

-Bertrand