I understand that 3.x hasn't been started yet, but I'm curious what - if
anything - is being held off for 3.x instead of being done in 2.x? For
example, if 2.x is allowed to and will have for example API changes, what
type of change qualifies waiting for 3.x versus 2.x?

Thanks,
Jon

On 2/6/07, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/6/07, nilo de roock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How long will 1.x be maintained, once 2 is around?

I guess pretty long, at least for bug fixing and backporting of some
features (though not all). At my work we have a huge project running
on Wicket 1.3 (some form thereof), and it will never migrate to 2.x
(never say never but you get my drift). But I do like it to mature and
gain new stuff from 2.x.

2.x is where the shizz is. I guess we'll stop supporting 1.x once
developlement on 3.x starts.

However, I can imagine that we will extend the core team with
enthousiasts that are willing to keep 1.x alive and kicking, something
like maven 1.x and 2.x

Martijn

--
Vote for Wicket at the