yes it is our responsibility, i am not arguing that. but we have designated
people who handle it for us. why do we need to have a bunch of people with
little clue looking at it when we have two people who are very good at it
doing so?

-igor

On 2/9/07, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> also why do we all need to look into it? most of us are not release
people,
> we dont know much about building one or what is correct and incorrect.

You're part of the PPMC. That means that the release is *our*
responsibility. For 1.2.x released outside the ASF it doesn't mean
much, where the release is much based on trust that I didn't mess it
up. Also, it would be nice that someone other than me would take a
look and see if, for example, the examples run correctly, or that
Wicket builds a correct jar, or that the README contains the correct
information.

Apache releases need to be scrutinized before released to make sure no
wrongly licensed code is present, that the notice files are in place
etc. the 1.2.5 would be a nice way of rehearsing this review process.

The webwork/struts 2 guys have a nice write up for their release
procedure [1]. Can one of our mentors tell more if [1] is too high
ceremonial, or just right?

Martijn

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/creating-and-signing-a-distribution.html