9 weeks is definitley too long for current 2.0 users to wait before. We all
know that 1 week in developer terms is 2 or 3 human weeks, so this really
leaves us high and dry with no viable codebase for a long period of time.
I'm sure for most of us that means backporting to 1.3, then forwardporting
again to 1.5. That will be really unpleasant -- please don't do that!

exactly my point.

On 3/8/07, Jonathan Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this feels too aggressive to me if 1.3 is to be released through
> apache.  we
> want our first apache release to be the best it can be, not as fast as
it
> can be because we've been promising it for a while.  let's give
ourselves
> break and take the extra days it takes to backport model changes and
> important features to 1.3.  if it takes even another month, it's still
> better because our story of what to use is more understandable...
1.4should