But see, it is not relevant for the people who are on 2.0, as they are
using those features *today*. They have code that compiles today and
projects they are working on today. They are not working on 2.0 to end
up with 1.4 or 1.5; the only time they would do that is when we decide
to drop 2.0. You can imagine they don't want to rewrite the models and
validators and generics only to put it in at *some* later time *if* we
decide to put these features in.

I'm a user of wicket 2.0, and I'm not worried about changes "breaking"
my app.  the only people using 2.0 for their apps are either building
the source directly, or pulling down maven snapshots.  either way,
they've either gotten used to "bleeding" edge development, or they've
moved to a more stable version (1.3).

Before worrying so much about providing 2.0 users with a migration
path, make sure that 2.0 users even *need* it.  I really don't think
there are that many people using 2.0.  I'm not worried about these
changes "breaking" my app and I'm sure anyone using 2.0 today is very
plugged into the ever changing codebase.