Sounds good to me. It would be cool if you could build in the time
zone difference calcs like I described here
http://chillenious.wordpress.com/2007/02/06/49/ (and like are
implemented in various classes of the datetime project). Personally,
I'd prefer such a datepicker to be in wicket-datetime over one in
wicket-extensions now, as it is nice to group all similar comps like
together (easy to find for users) and it'll keep the project relevant
on it's own.

That is done by the current converter class in the datetime project isn't it
(with use of joda?)
I do exactly the same thing in java in the new datepicker as the
wicket=datetime does
i only render out some different javascript.

johan