Martijn Dashorst a écrit :
All,

I have found a nice animation library that is not as big as
scriptaculous, in my opinion better than moo and that fits pretty good
into the wicket philosophy. I'm talking about animate.js [1].

It is not the most widely adopted javascript library, but it packs a
helluva functionality in about 24kb.

The library works very simple and elegantly. It provides the
possibility to animate between css classes, which I find one of the
best features: styling information like colors, opacity defined in
your css instead of the javacode.

For example, the following style based animation:

ex15 = new Animator().addSubject(new CSSStyleSubject(
   document.getElementById('ex15Button'),
"width: 10em; background-color: rgb(256, 256, 256); font-style: normal",
   "width: 40em; background-color: #F39; font-style: italic"));
// note how you can use any unit, not just 'px'.

Becomes using classes:
ex16 = new Animator().addSubject(new CSSStyleSubject(
   $('ex16Button'), "small white", "big blue bendy"));
// the classes small, big, white, blue and bendy are defined in this
page's source.

(Taken from [1]).

It is safari compatible (the examples work for me), which means it
even works in a more obscure browser. The animations are stable (don't
break with multiple clicks).

The animate.js should work out of the box without conflicts with dojo
and prototype. It doesn't redefine core classes, making it orthogonal.

The library is BSD licensed, and seems pretty much 'done'. The 24kb
will be even smaller after our compression.

What do you think?

Even for a pro Dojo man as me ;) , I find this library very interesting and easy to use. If you choose to integrate this library in Wicket (I hope), I'll be happy to help you if you need some help.

Cheers

--
Vincent

Martijn