Thursday, April 19, 2007, 10:51:15 AM, Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> Can you please wait at least  24 or 48 hours before taking action,
> and wait for more developers to express their opinion?

> For European  people like  me the  vote started  yesterday evening
> when leaving the office, and the switch from 1.x to trunk has been
> checked in in the morning,  when the workday begins.  That doesn't
> leave a lot of time to raise any concern.

Got to agree here - if there was a security issue, then maybe the rush
would be justified, but if not, then I'd have expected 48 hrs minimum.

> Were you so confident about the result of the vote?

To my mind, the vote isn't to gather enough agreement, it's to ensure
that there's not a disagreement/better alternative option & overnight
votes won't help with that...

/Gwyn