i think we can certainly give it a try.

these messages are not stored across requests so there is no impact of
storing each component's messages in its metadata session-size wise. the
reason we didnt do it is because we didnt want to dedicate yet anoter slot
to an array - thats why it was optimized away into the page. now that we
have metadata the above optimization is moot.

-igor

> it isnt too expensive if you store it in the metadata. i think this was
all
> discussed before we had metadata support.

Was never part of the meta data discussion. But if you mean option 1,
but as meta data, that might be a viable consideration which if
acceptable (efficient enough) is probably the cleanest solution to go.

You propose to do that Igor?

Eelco