not only updatemodel, if you want to be able to validate then you have to
also call convert() manually from convertValue(), it gets ugly fast.

if we change to postorder then things work properly, deepest-nested
formcomponents get processed first, so if there is a formcomponentapnel that
encapsulates multiple form components, by the time it is processed so are
all its children.

-igor

> we should just change our formprocessing traversals to postorder

Yeah, still absolutely +1 for that. That would make a component like
org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DateTimeField more elegant,
as it wouldn't have to start with calling updateModel on it's kids
(which has the side effect that the kids will actually be updated
twice).

Eelco