On 7/6/07, Al Maw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The current default validation messages in Application.properties make
no logical sense.

At the moment, if you put in a value that is larger than a
NumberValidator maximum it says:

"5 must be smaller than 3"

Which it can't be, not even for very small values of 5.

To fix this, we need to do one of the following two things:

1. Change ${input} to ${label}, in which case they would all make sense.

2. Change the text so it actually makes sense in the context of ${input}
    as in the attached patch. e.g. "5 is larger than 3.", which would
    at least tell you what's currently wrong with it.

I appreciate the argument that people don't call setLabel() when they
should do, but the current set-up isn't nice.

Thoughts?

i have always advocated switching to ${label} exactly for these reasons, and
would still like to see it done.

-igor

Regards,

Al