where is the code?

-igor

On 7/24/07, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hi, igor, or someone:

I took the liberty in writing an extensible autocomplete behavior based on
the AutocompleteTextField by Janne (jannehietamaki).

I was supposed to open a JIRA but as I've never done this, I wanted to get
some instructions on how to do it.

For those not following. The idea is to have an autocomplete behavior that
allows you to have *key* and *value* if you need it. This is done by
either
including a hidden field or by adding an attribute to the
autocomplete-field, or it can be left out and works exactly like the one
that is know available in the extensions package. The thing started out as
the current implementation used a fixed "node path" to get the elements
that
needed to render select etc. Now it uses an option/choice name.

To do this I had to re-write the JavaScript and All the abstract classes
so
I did a new package all together.

And renamed all of the classes to have both of them without any conflicts.
also included a new collection class in the javascript to help out and I
putted on a Wicket.Collection "package", and also named this autocomplete
as
ExtensibleChoiceAutocomplete. *Extensible* because you can put in it any
html markup you feel like and it will work (choose arrows etc),
*Choice* because
it can use key and value like a DropdownChoice, and *Autocomplete* because
it is an autocomplete.

All naming convention might be wrong and some of my code might not make
the
grade for you guys, so what I would like is to have someone review it and
see if it is considered to be included somewhere.

Wicket is awesome, I get lots of help all the time, and just want to
contribute.

There are some algorithms in the JavaScript that didn't worked on IE 7 and
IE 6 because of a well known issue on IE that is that it does not refresh
document DOM on the assignment of the innerHTML property of an element.
But
that is taken care of by using element.all collection that works for IE 7
and 6.

Also my code is usually considered heavily commented so as I see wicket
code
in general is not, maybe the reviewer would have to erase some comments.

Feel Free is the key. I want to contribute, keep contributing in the
future,
and learn a proper way not to step on any one's feet.

Best regards,
f(t)