Yes, that was a bug. Should be fixed now.

Eelco

Phil Kulak wrote:

Take a look at HibernateCountAndListAction.getQuery(). It looks to me
like it's been hard coded to the example query in the comment at the
top of the class by putting the "cd" alias in there.

Yes, is it does. PageableList is the the object that has the magic in
it. It reads only the 'window' that it is currently in, so you don't end
up with your whole database in memory.

Eelco

Jonathan Carlson wrote:

I don't think the CD app example uses Hibernate to do the paging.  If I
remember right, it reads it all in and does the paging and sorting in
memory.... but I could have missed something.

- Jonathan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 2005-06-03 11:31:04 AM >>>

I look like I've figured it out anyway, but for future reference,
where is the source for that example? I found the running program. Is
the source only in CVS?