Hmm.. It seems that disabled back button works only in Firefox/Mozzila and Internet Explorer. In opera the back button works even when the URL is the same.

Matej Knopp wrote:
Hi,

I've developed a servlet filter that hides the real URL from the user. The real url is stored in the session, the visible URL doesn't changes. The drawback is, that the application can only be used in one window. For instance there's no way to edit two books in the library example in different windows at the same time. Although I don't consider this a major drawback, because in highly interactive web application the app state changes very often and using the application in two or more windows ussualy leads to problems. Another thing is that there are two request required for a bookmarkable page instead of one (because of redirect). The benefit (besides hiding ugly urls) is that the back button is disabled, because the url dosn't change.

This is just a proof of concept, it's definitely not production quality. The servlet is transparent for the wicket appliction.

I'd appriciate if someone played with it a little bit and give me some feedback.