Eelco Hillenius wrote:

I'm a bit behind on the discussion, but if you want to set (actually add) another resource lookup path, that is easy. E.g. when I want to load the HelloWorld example from WEB-INF of the web application, I do:

   protected void init()
   {
       getSettings().addResourceFolder("WEB-INF");
   }

in HelloWorldApplication, and put the templates (in this case just HelloWorld.html) in WEB-INF + full path as packages (in this case 'WEB-INF/wicket/examples/helloworld).

Aaaaaaaaaaah. Now it works... :-)

I didn't realize that the FULL PATH AS PACKAGES was needed.

So I had this:

   protected void init() {
String root = getWicketServlet().getServletContext().getRealPath("");
       getSettings().addResourceFolder(root);
   }

But I hadn't put the HTML files in the same package structure as used by the Java files.

This is slightly inconvenient (I prefer having all my HTML pages in the web folder -- on the same level as WEB-INF), but not too bad.

Thanks a lot for all your help and patience!

Geertjan