Hi,

we would like to produce pages in utf-8 encoding. This works fine if the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> is in the source markup. However the
rendered pages should not contain the <?xml?> declaration. This is due to
quirk/standard mode of IE. XML standard says, that if a XML file doesn't
have the <?xml?> declaration, it is assumed to be coded in utf-8.

Can you help me with this problem? I see several solutions:

1. Set the output encoding for each page - I would like to avoid this
solution
2. Remove the <?xml?> declaration from output - how can I do this?
3. Can I tell to Wicket configuration that all markup pages are in utf-8?
4. If the XHTML DOCTYPE is present and no <?xml?> declaration is found, use
utf-8 as default

Jan