I think this would be a good idea in a limited form ( ie strings only, not
scriptlets ).

Ive noticed over time our tapestry page templates became more and more
convoluted with these types of scriptlets because it is more convinient for
developers to stick small pieces of code right into the page template (its
amazing how much you can pack into an ognl expression). One strong point of
wicket is that it separates presentation from logic.

Another problem with this is that pretty soon you find yourself needing
something like spindle to work efficiently with your components.

Igor