Martijn,

thank you so much for your help.
Now it works perfectly. I added the field "paxProAnreise" to the
TerminDetail class, added getters and setters and changed the
PropertyModel accordingly. Now my code looks like this:

protected void populateItem(ListItem item) {
                   final TerminDetail terminDetail = (TerminDetail)
item.getModelObject();
                   boolean visible = terminDetail.getFreieKontingente() > 0;
                   item.add(new Label("zimmerart",
terminDetail.getZimmerart()).setVisible(visible));
                   item.add(new DropDownChoice ("moeglichePaxAnzahlen",
new PropertyModel(terminDetail, "paxProZimmerart"),

terminDetail.getMoeglichePaxAnzahlen()).setVisible(visible));
                }

Now it works like a charm :)

- Johannes