Hmm.. looking at these

Page.SomePanel.SomeComponent
Page-SomePanel-Somecomponent
Page:SomePanel:SomeComponent
Page#SomePanel#SomeComponent
Page$SomePanel$SomeComponent

I like ':' the most. But I thing there should be a poll/vote for this.

-Matej

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
Yeah, I don't know. We didn't really decide on one, except that it has to be a java reserved character (so you can't use it in your property names).

What do you prefer? Maybe we should have a vote on this?

Eelco

Matej Knopp wrote:

Yeah, I've seen it somewhere. I think it's a great idea. Actually, I think I've some components with "-" in their name, but it wouldn't take longer than few minutes to change :) Btw. what about other separators? (':' or '#' for example). Not that "-" would't be ok :)

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

Btw, we're thinking about changing Wicket's path seperator from '.' to e.g. '-'. The good thing about that would be that you could do:

add (new RequiredTextField("company.name"));

instead of

add (model.bind(new RequiredTextField("company_name", "company.name")));

See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1232524&group_id=119783&atid=684978

Eelco

    class CreateNewConferenceForm extends Form {
public CreateNewConferenceForm(String id, IFeedback fb, Conference conf) {
            super(id, model, fb);
            BoundCompoundPropertyModel model =
                new BoundCompoundPropertyModel(conf);
add (model.bind(new RequiredTextField("stringProperty", "stringProperty")); add (model.bind(new RequiredTextField("company_name", "company.name");