Gili wrote:
Matej Knopp wrote:

Once again. There's no way for wicket to decide wheter '.' separates components or it's a part of component name. It's ambiguous. Therefore today '.' can't be part of component name. And that's what's wrong. OGNL supports nested beans and this way it can't be used.

When Wicket sees "." in a Wicket ID, it knows it is refering to OGNL and not to a component separator. In other cases it is meant to be a component separator. I really don't see where the ambiguity is.

Freak out? Wicket url alread is too much for crawlers I think. Therefore there's the possibility to encode/obsfucate your url. IMHO the main target for wicket are interactive applications, that don't need to be indexed by crawlers. And if the application is a portal or something, you can make as pretty urls as you want.

Well, I will strongly disagree with this. Wicket's main goal was never to become a driver of "interactive applications". That only became the target-de-jour when AJAX became sexy recently. When I first joined this list, Wicket was supposed to be a web framework. Nothing more specific than that.

Crawlability is very important to those of us trying to run a commercial business on top of Wicket.

I don't know, what was wicket main goal, but I don't think it was portal like system. Because the only urls, that make sense to be crawled are bookmarkable pages. All other URLs shouldn't be crawled at all, because they can't be used after the session is closed. And bookmarkable page has one argument (page class), so no url change there. It will stay as it is, no matter what component separator will be.
-Matej