Riiight... I just checked with GMail. I have the list of emails with
some URL in the address bar. Then I selected one email, and GMail
loaded it via Ajax. URL is obviously the same. But then I clicked Back
and it returned to the list. Damn good, I'd say. They do it with some
javascript I am sure. But works pretty good on Firefox.

I am sorry, I was wrong generalizing about Ajax.

Michael.