Eelco, why bothering doing the job which is already done by browser
vendors? Seems that currently only resources like images are marked
with cache-control headers, and the lifetime is fixed. What is it? One
hour? Page itself is not marked, but it is possible by pulling out the
response object and setting cache-control header directly.

I would prefer to have some automation and settings to it, instead of
building server-side cache.

But even now it is pretty usable, just mark expire time as a day
after, send page to browser, and voila, browser would cache page
off-server. Which is easier to implement, and cheaper memory-wize.
Anyway, who would like to cache pages for days? ;)

Michael