Sorry, ignore the previous post, I've sent it by mistake.
-Matej
Matej Knopp wrote:
Johan Compagner wrote:

redirect to the same page as you where on?
So the just directly redirect to the invoker page if a component that is invisible (or one of the parents)

But maybe developers or users get completely confused then..
And how is it possible that you get a url to an invisible component?
Who generated that url in the first place? (can't be the component because that one was invisible so couldn't generate itself)

johan

Matej Knopp wrote:

The easiest would be to do nothing. Do as normal, just ignore the action. So if put in a url that would trigger action on invisible component, I would just get redirected to appName?component=X&interface=IRedirectLitener,...etc

Another one would be displaying an error page (like expired page).

But I think the first one is a better (and simpler) solution, but that's only my opiniton (and it's more a feeling than an opinion :))

-Matej

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

Hmmm. Sure looks like an unwanted backdoor. I agree we should fix this. What do you think would be the proper action to take when Wicket regconizes that an invisible component is called?

Eelco

Matej Knopp wrote:

Hi. I'm using wicket 1.0 and I just realized, that it is possible to invoke action (ILinkListener, etc) on an invisible component.

Is this intentional?

Because in my application it causes problems. For example I've page with my bean properties and several buttons to edit/manipulate it. I show/hide these buttons according to current user rights. But even if they are not visible, they can be invoked through url very simply.
Can anything be done to prevent this?

I tried to alter this behavieor but didn't succeeded as every method in WebRequest dealing with invoking is either private or final. (I know it's a design decision and I accept it, no rambling here :))

-Matej