From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matej Knopp
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:06 PM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Wicket-user] Custom message provider?

Hi,

there's a big discussion today about customizing validator messages/their resource keys. Would it be possible in future to decouple the messages from property files? I think resource bundle is a good thing, when you are using latin 1. For all other encoding is a pain, because you have to escape each foreign character. In my country, we are using latin 2 and a lot of characters not found in latin1. So using property files for this feels really cumbersome.

Would id be possible to have an interface with function similiar to this?
interface IMessageProvider
{
String getString(Component component, String path, Locale locale); }

With a reasonable default (caching) implementation that would use property files?
And I one could use different implementation (with xml or whatever)

-Matej