this thread is getting out of control. when i tried to start a new thread, i forgot to delete the tail. it's so big now that sf.net is bouncing the emails.

could we please stop talking about this and just do the simple thing? i promise it's going to all work out somehow! ;-)

jon

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Wicket-user] IPageable interface
Date:   Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:18:07 -0700
From:   Jonathan Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net

the interface i was descibing has a current page and a limit. some particular navigation could display multiple pages starting at currentPage. but my thought is that it's better not to get into this complexity with IPageable. if there's a need in the future for something that displays a range of pages, we would either (a) adapt IPageable such that currentPage is the first page shown out of several or (b) create a more sophisticated interface (pretty unlikely i think). i think trying to anticipate needs beyond the three very obvious methods in this interface is overarchitecting and likely to turn out to be confusing for no good reason.

Igor Vaynberg wrote:

Maybe I didn’t express what I wanted clearly.

I think setCurrentPage(int) is fine if the component is displaying a page at
a time, but what does setCurrentPage(int) mean if the component is
displaying 3 pages at a time? Is it setting the first page of 3? Or is it
setting the last page of 3? Or the middle page?

And what I meant was just having one of those methods in ipageable not all
3, my question was which one do you guys think is more appropriate...

-Igor