I'd like to take a look at it, but unfortunately it won't be before this
weekend. So... if anyone else has ideas.

Eelco

        -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
        Van: Dzenan Ridjanovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Verzonden: wo 17-8-2005 16:22
        Aan: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
        CC:
        Onderwerp: [Wicket-user] Spiral 12 update

        Hi,

        The new member registration works now in Spiral 12 (urls12). The update
        is on the Web:

        Spiral 12 introduction::
        http://drdb.fsa.ulaval.ca/urls/web/spirals/spiral12/index.html

        Spiral 12 in action:
        http://drdb.fsa.ulaval.ca/urls12/app

        Spiral 12 zip file:
        http://drdb.fsa.ulaval.ca/urls/web/zip/urls12.zip

        I have redesigned the NewMemberClass by not reusing MemberAddForm
        (private class NewMemberForm extends MemberForm) and by dropping
        Observer/Observable (the next page is now in the onSubmit method of
        NewMemberForm).

        I still do not get why the first does not work, while the second does:

        1. setResponsePage(new CategoriesPage()); // NullPointerException in
edit

        2. Page categoriesPage = new CategoriesPage();
            categoriesPage.onRedirect();

        If there was a null pointer exception in the default constructor of
        CategoriesPage, it would be caught in 2. too.

        I have complete listings of setResponsePage errors in the doc directory
        of urls12/doc (in .txt files).

        A part of the error listing for Category edit:

        wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Method public abstract void
        wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted() of
        interface java.lang.reflect.Method threw an exception
            at

wicket.protocol.http.WebRequestCycle.invokeInterface(WebRequestCycle.java:506)

            at wicket.Component.setResponsePage(Component.java:1214)
            at

org.wicket.urls.app.view.category.CategoriesPage.update(CategoriesPage.java:153)
            at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Observable.java:142)
            at org.dzenanr.model.Entities.notifyObservers(Entities.java:795)
            at org.dzenanr.model.Entities.update(Entities.java:526)
            at

org.wicket.urls.app.view.category.CategoryEditForm.onSubmit(CategoryEditForm.java:50)
            at wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:428)
            at wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:380)
            at wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:212)

        My avoidance of the error::
              // setResponsePage(new CategoriesPage()); // NullPointerException
        in edit
              Page categoriesPage = new CategoriesPage();
              categoriesPage.onRedirect();

        It seems to me that the cause of errors might be my use of
        Observer/Observable for handling the next page. In the onSubmit method
        of a form I update the model that is observed by web pages. In a web
        page, in the update method I save the model changes to a file and then
        use setResponsePage (that is now in some pages replaced by onRedirect;
        in other pages I have not hit the problem yet).  To restrain
        Observer/Observable, in the update method the first thing I do is delete
        an observer. An example of the update method in MembersPage:

        public void update(Observable o, Object arg) {
              if (o instanceof Members) {
                  members.deleteObserver(this);

                  UrlsApp app = (UrlsApp) getApplication();
                  Members entryMembers = app.getUrlsDb().getMembers();
                  entryMembers.save();

                  //setResponsePage(new MembersPage()); // NullPointerException
        ?!
                  Page membersPage = new MembersPage();
                  membersPage.onRedirect();

        Dzenan

        September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices
        Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing &
QA
        Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf