Can anyone suggest where would be a good place to start in order to be
able to come up with a basic paged table, showing the result of a
query on a DB (Oracle)?  It'll have to run on JDK 1.4.x, so Hibernate
3 Annotations seem to be out, at least.

Looking at Wicket-Stuff, there's the following:-
    wicket-contrib-data
    wicket-contrib-data-hibernate-2.1
    wicket-contrib-database
    wicket-contrib-dataview
    wicket-contrib-dataview-examples
but before I try & work out what's what there, does anyone have any
suggestions/recommendations.  In this case, it's read-only from the
DB, so I don't have to worry about updating anything, just selecting
different criteria for the queries.

/Gwyn