Thank Eelco for the suggestion...I have a look at it.

/Flemming

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

Or, if you want to set it programatically, you can attach an
AttributeModifier to it, like:

WebMarkupContainer c = new WebMarkupContainer("foo");
IModel replacementModel = new Model("divId");
c.add(new AttributeModifier("id", true, replacementModel));
add(c);

And, as you probably need some javascript for this too, you could even
make this a nice custom component so that you can drop this in any
page without having to know anything more about it. Best would be to
use a Panel then:

public class MagicPanel extends Panel {

  public MagicPanel(String id, String targetId, IModel contents) {
    super(id);
    WebMarkupContainer c = new WebMarkupContainer("container");
    IModel replacementModel = new Model(targetId);
    c.add(new AttributeModifier("id", true, replacementModel));
    c.add(new Label("contents", contents));
    add(c);
    addToHeader( new JavaScriptReference( .... your packaged
javascript file here ...) );

<wicket:head>
 <... javascript contribution here ...>
</wicket:head>
<wicket:panel>
</wicket:panel>

Just an example of course. But I hope it inspires you to play around a bit :)

Eelco