Well... I don't think a performance loss actually matters in this case. Think about it... if there *is* a body when there shouldn't be and we throw an exception it tends to be fatal anyway. Doing this extra check should not seriously affect the performance of tags which render properly. For those which die with an exception we don't really care what their performance is (and I don't think it would be too terrible either).

Gili

Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
it is not. for open-close tags like <span/> onBodyRender is simply not
called and thus no output is generated and for the same reason we can
not check if there is but shouldn't. We are either fast and efficient
or slow but with better error messages.

Juergen